by admin in Basketball Records | Posted on February 8th, 2012 | Comments Off
- The player was the Baron Davis who hit the longest shot in NBA history. He dropped the ball in the hoop from a distance of 89 feet against the Milwaukee Bucks on February 17, 2001.
- Before Baron Davis, Norm Van Lier was the player holding the record for the longest field goal in NBA, with a shot ranging 84 feet from the basket. He registered this record against the San Antonio Spurs on January 19, 1977 but Spurs still won the game, 115-107.
- On January 3, 2007, LeBron James made the third longest shot, in the second half of the game against the Boston Celtics. The shot was measured at 83 feet, beating the previously set record of 81 feet by Herb Williams.
- On January 8, 1986, Indiana’s Herb Williams scored a goal at the distance of 81 feet in a regular season game played between Pacers and Sacramento Kings.
- On November 9, 2005 , a Croatian-born Net’s player, Zoran Planinic hit a 77 feet , full court shot at third quarter buzzer beater, in a game won by New Jersey Nets against Utah Jazz.
|Baron Davis||89||Feb.17, 2001||Charlotte Bobcats||Milwaukee Bucks|
|Norm Van Lier||84||Jan.19,1977||Chicago Bulls||San Antonio Spurs|
|LeBron James||83||Jan. 3, 2007||Cleveland Cavaliers||Boston Celtics|
|Herb Williams||81||Jan. 8,1986||Indiana Pacers||Sacramento Kings|
|Zoran Planinic||77||Nov. 9, 2005||New Jersey Nets||Utah Jazz|
(The information is unofficial and collected from annual NBA statistical guide because such records are not kept officially in NBA.)
- Top 10 Tallest Basketball Players Ever
- Top 5 NBA Duos With Most Wins
- Top 7 Largest Crowds in NBA History
- The Players who won the most NBA Finals MVP Award
- Top 10 List - Most Points Scored by a Player in a NBA Game
- Top 5 Horrible Eye Injuries in Basketball
- Kobe Bryant and Others who Crossed 30,000 Point Mark
- Top 7 Longest Suspensions In NBA History
- Top 7 Highest Scoring Games in NBA History
- Players who have won NCAA, NBA and Olympic Titles
Comments are closed.