In any sport, it’s the crowd that makes a game a lot more exciting with its noise and cheers and also urges the teams to play well. Here, we take a look at those occasions in NBA history when record number of people attented games to support their team.
1) 62,046-Chicago Bulls vs. Atlanta Hawks, March 27, 1998
The Bulls, Hawks matchup at Georgia Dome, on March 27, 1998, drew a crowd of 62,046 people, largest in any game of NBA history. This massive crowd came to cheer the home team Atlanta but the Bulls ruined all their plans as they beat their team by 89-74. For the Bulls, Michael Jordan scored 34 points and led the team to a resounding victory.
2) 61,983- Detroit Pistons vs. Boston Celtics, Jan. 29, 1988
On January 29, 1988, a crowd of 61,983 turned out at Pontiac Silverdome to watch the Pistons game against Boston Celtics. This was the second largest crowd in the history of NBA. The home team won the game against the Celtics convincingly with 125-108.
3) 52,745- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Detroit Pistons, Feb. 14, 1987
Earlier, on Feb.14, 1987, a total of 52,745 people attended the Detroit Pistons and Philadelphia 76ers game. The game was played at the Pontiac Silverdome where home team Detroit outscored the visitors 125-107.
4) 49,551- Minnesota vs. Denver Nuggets, April 17, 1990
Playing at Metrodome, Minnesota Timberwolves drew a crowd of 49,551, on April 17, 1990 but they could not make them happy as they lost the game to the Nuggets by 99-89.
5) 47,692- Atlanta Hawks vs. Detroit Pistons, March 30, 1988
On March 30, 1988, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks played the game before the fifth largest crowd of NBA history. The 47,692 people got their money’s worth as they witnessed a nail biting encouter but unfortunately the home team lost the game to Atlanta by 102-103.
6) 45,790- Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls, Nov. 7, 1997
45,790 fans show up in the Georgia Dome, Atlanta to watch the Atlanta and Chicago game on November 7, 1997. This was the sixth largest attendance in a single NBA game. The home team Atlanta won the game against Bulls 80-78.
7) 45,458- Minnesota vs. Orlando Magic, April 13, 1990
Minnesota Timberwolves and Orlando Magic played a game against each other on April 13, 1990 at Metrodome. A total of 45,458 people saw this game live in the arena and to their most delight, their team also won the game over Magic 117-102.
- Top 5 Champions in NBA
- 10 Youngest Players Ever to Play in NBA
- The Players who won the most NBA Finals MVP Award
- Top 10 List - Most Points Scored by a Player in a NBA Game
- Top 7 Longest Suspensions In NBA History
- Top 5 longest Shots in NBA History
- Top 7 NBA Players who Scored in Double Figures in Most Consecutive Games
- Top 5 NBA Duos With Most Wins
- Players who have won NCAA, NBA and Olympic Titles
- Kobe Bryant and Others who Crossed 30,000 Point Mark
Comments are closed.