Coaching is considered as one of the most important jobs in NBA. There have been many coaches in NBA history who spent decades in the league. Lets have a look at those coaches who have longest coaching careers in NBA.
Lenny Wilkens (32 seasons)
Lenny Wilkens is the longest tenured coach ever in NBA history. He remained NBA head coach for 32 seasons and had stints with six NBA teams. He also won a championship in 1979.
Don Nelson (31 years)
Don Nelson spent 31 seasons in NBA. He started off his head coaching career in 1976 and ended up being the winningest coach in NBA history.
Jerry Sloan (26 years)
Jerry Sloan served as NBA head coach for 26 seasons. He got hired to coach Chicago Bulls in 1979. Then he coached Utah Jazz for 23 years and became the first and only coach to spent such a long coaching tenure with a single team. Although, he never won a championship but under his coaching Jazz reached to two NBA finals.
Larry Brown (26 years)
Larry Brown held down the NBA coaching job for about 26 seasons. He coached 9 different NBA teams in his entire NBA career and when he left his coaching bench, he not only has an NBA championship but also a NBA coach of the year award.
Dick Motta (25 years)
Dick Motta became an NBA head coach in 1968. In his 25 year NBA career, he won NBA coach of the year award in 1971 and a championship with Washington Bullets in 1978.
Bill Fitch (25 years)
Bill Fitch coaching career also spanned 25 years. He won the NBA coach of the year award twice and a championship in 1981.
George Karl (25 years)
George Karl is a veteran NBA coach who has recently won NBA coach of the year award. He began his coaching career in 1984. Although he coached comparatively weaker teams but more often than not he managed to take them to the playoffs.
- NBA: Home and Road Records
- Most missed Field Goals in an NBA Career
- NBA Superstars and their Business Ventures
- List of Longest Games in NBA History
- 7 Records of Wilt Chamberlain that are Impossible to Break
- Teams with Longest Winning Streaks in NBA History
- Recalling all the Trades made in 2012-13 NBA Season
- NBA Team Names: The Inspirations behind the Names
- The Kings of Flop: Rating the Biggest Floppers in NBA History
- NBA Coach of the Year Award Winners
Comments are closed.